SGG Planitherm – Our Energy Efficient Glass
As the glass covers the largest area in a window, Eco Windows use only the highest performing energy efficient glass – SGG Planitherm Plus. Unlike other common Low E glass that is “hard coated”, SGG Planitherm Plus has a higher performing transparent metallic “soft” coating that reflects heat from radiators and fires back into the room, rather than allowing it to escape through the window, whilst allowing heat from the sun to pass through from outside.
- No tint to the glass – unlike traditional low-E coatings that suffer from a yellowish tint, SGG PLANITHERM looks very clear. This means your curtains or Georgian Bars will not look dirty or discoloured.
- More light – less tint also means more light can enter the room, making it more comfortable and luminous.
- No ‘haze’ – SGG PLANITHERM does not suffer from the unsightly dusty appearance common with traditional types of low-E glass.
- Thermal insulation – reduces heat loss more effectively than traditional low-E coatings.
- Promotes solar heat gain – free heat from the sun passes easily through the glass helping to warm your home.
- Energy efficient – reduced need for heating helps to save energy and protect the environment whilst saving you money on heating bills.
- More comfortable rooms – improved thermal insulation means fewer cold spots and drafts near windows and doors.
- Less condensation –the inner surface of the glass stays warmer therefore reducing condensation inside