GENEO® Passivhaus Certified Windows
The Rehau GENEO® window system is currently the most thermally efficient window on the market, and it’s so energy efficient it meets the Passivhaus standards for both windows and doors. Developed to achieve the lowest u-value possible, the GENEO® windows can achieve an overall u-value of just 0.67 W/m²K – that’s overall, not just the glass.
Made from high-tech RAU-FIPRO® material, the GENEO® system delivers exceptional energy performance. This doesn’t just increase energy efficiency, but improves break-in protection and achieves previously unattained sound insulation levels.
The fully self-reinforced profile design requires no steel, so eliminating thermal bridges. RAU-FIPRO® provides the best stability and resistance as well as having static characteristics which have not been possible until now without a steel reinforcement. Using technology developed for the aircraft and Formula 1 industry, the RAU-FIPRO® composite is being used for the first time in the construction of windows.
Based on fibre composites used in planes and race cars, the RAU-FIPRO® core is manufactured using recycled polymer content and then co-extruded with a high quality PVC outer layer. It is the ultimate premier window in every way from REHAU, the market leading supplier of uPVC window solutions.
- Profile depth: 86mm / Centre seal
- Number of chambers: 6
- Thermal insulation: Uf = up to 0.85 W/m²K
- Energy saving: up to 76%*
*Reduction in the energy loss from windows when replacing old wooden/plastic windows from the 80s (Uf= 1.9, Ug= 3.0) with windows made from GENEO® profiles (Uf= 0.91, Ug= 0.5, window size123 x 148 cm)
- Material: RAU-FIPRO® fibre composite material, coextruded outer layer all the way around made from high quality RAU-PVC for the best surface quality
- Sound insulation: up to SSK 5 without steel reinforcement, RwP = 47 dB with glazing Rw = 50 dB
- Burglary resistance: up to resistance class 3, up to resistance class 2 without steel
- Air permeability: 4 (DIN EN 12207)
- Protection from driving rain: 9A (DIN EN 12208)
- Fully self-reinforced window system without additional steel reinforcement
- Excellent stability due to a high quality material, perfect profile design and an integrated self reinforcement system (IVS)
- When fabricated with appropriate glass, windows made from GENEO® are Passivhaus certified
- Sightline of 115 mm to let maximum light in
- Efficient storage and production due to full self reinforcement
- Easier handling and assembly due to up to 40 % weight advantage compared to conventional window profile systems
- Functional chambers to optimise the insulating properties with thermomodules
- Large rebate depth of 66 mm to hold triple glazing
- Reduced closing pressure and therefore noticeably easier opening and closing due to the newly developed gasket geometry
- High definition finished-surface: extremely high quality, exceptionally smooth and therefore particularly easy to maintain
- Environmentally friendly, as it’s recyclable